People get natural stone installed in their flooring, countertops and shower areas. Some of you also install such stone near your pool area. It is a costly venture, but it does bring a beautiful look and a rustic charm to your spaces. Natural stone has to be maintained well if you want to maintain the sheen and lustre for long. It is highly porous and tends to get stained and molded very quickly. It also gets chipped and cracked due to heavy impact. If your natural stone has been attacked by all these problems, then professional stone floor cleaning services can clean it thoroughly. D'Sapone® – one of the leading stone restoration services in the US offers the best restoration services to cater to the stains, chips, cracks, and lack-lustre issues.
But before you read about the expert procedures offered by D'Sapone® for an efficient stone restoration, you need to know the common issues with natural stone, so that you understand the procedures well.
Common Problems with Natural Stone:
- Natural stone tile such as those made from marble, granite, slate and travertine look lovely in flooring, but they are permeable. They allow moisture to penetrate their pores and eventually invite mold and mildew breeding. The penetrating moisture and dirty water inside also causes dense staining at the root.
- These stones also chip off easily due to heavy impact.
- Lastly, natural stones like slate also shed dust. If not sealed properly, they make your interiors look dusty and dirty all the time, and also fade in some years.
To prevent these issues and to preserve your natural stone right from the start, it is essential that it is maintained properly. A little knowledge about the necessary procedures can help you hire the best professional service and stay away from low-quality service providers.
Why Should you Hire D'Sapone® Experts?
D'Sapone® provides one of the best residential stone floor cleaning services because it lays heavy emphasis on hiring passionate employees. Each of our employees go through a strict training protocol and is tested later to check on their capabilities. Each of our team members are highly adept in carrying out our patented procedures. They have an eagle’s eye at scanning your hard surfaces and can exactly find out the root cause of your damaged flooring. We do not only offer residential stone cleaning services, but also offer commercial and residential stone, tile, glass, brick, tub and grout restoration services.
D'Sapone® and pFOkUS®’ Exclusive Deal:
When we say we are the best in the country, we do every bit required to keep up to our standards. We do not only train our employees well, but ensure that we send our experienced artists only to perform the cleaning and restoration tasks. To help us get the best results, we only use products manufactured by pFOkUS® – one of the leading stone, tile, grout, glass, tub and brick restoration products manufacturing companies in the US.
We have signed an exclusive deal with pFOkUS® for using their products only for our patented procedures. We only rely on their products, because we know they are the best on the market.
Here is a brief explanation on our commercial and residential stone floor cleaning services for all the different kinds of natural stones.
Different Kinds of Natural Stones and their Cleaning Requirements:
- Marble is a porous natural stone. People mostly use it for floors, showers and countertops.
- It tends to absorb moisture, liquids and other food spills leading to mold breeding and staining.
- It also tends to lose its lustre and sheen after a few months if not sealed properly.
- Cracks and chips are also evident on the surface due to heavy impact.
- Marble countertops also get scratched easily due to chopping and cutting of vegetables and fruits.
- Marble showers get stained by soaps and shampoo spills.
- Marble tile is easily etched by using acidic cleaners.
- Most people assume granite is very resistant to stains, but it is also a porous stone to some degree.
- If the stone is not sealed correctly, it will retain juice, wine, oil or any liquids, causing stains that might be impossible to eliminate.
- It is susceptible to chemical damage, such as etching and dulling.
- It tends to crack or chip on heavy impact.
- It comes with many crevices which absorb water.
- It tends to stain if not sealed properly.
- Slate may shed dust or flakes as it is a naturally cleft, flaky stone.
- It can etch or get abrasive with acidic cleaners.
D'Sapone® performs its patented stone cleaning procedures to clean and restore your slate tile and make it look like new.
- Travertine tiles look very elegant whether they are installed in bathrooms or other areas.
- They render a very natural look to your interiors but are not totally maintenance free.
- These are not moisture resistant and over a period of time, hard water stains, soap scum and mold may affect the surface.
- A good travertine cleaner is required to remove the stains and mold without affecting the stone.
D'Sapone® tackles the stains, mold and grime on travertine tile by performing its revolutionary travertine cleaning procedure using the best products.
Professional Residential Stone Floor Cleaning Services:
Here is an in-depth explanation of our marble, slate, travertine and granite cleaning services.
Prepping, Cleaning and Sanitizing Natural Stone:
D'Sapone® not only cleans natural stone, but our experienced and trained employees disinfect, prep and sanitize the stone with our exquisite stone cleaning process. We use Imperia Deep Clean – a high quality cleaner, penetrating deep into slate while removing all the stains, mold, mildew and previous sealers from the root. Our stone floor cleaning services also are the best in the United States in which we render a healthy flooring by thoroughly cleaning and sanitizing your tile.
Our commercial and residential stone floor cleaning services are detailed and complete. You can find your stone look like new again and breathe a new life with our services. We also offer stone restoration services if your grout is damaged and needs sealing, or your tile needs sealing. We also offer to seal the cracks in your stone and grout and also recommend you to substitute caulk with our revolutionary shower corner sealing formula. After all these procedures, we also offer stone polishing services to restore the lost sheen back on your stone tile. To know more about our restoration services, read below.
Professional Residential Stone Floor Restoration Services:
Providing Titanium Protection to Grout:
Grout is very porous. No matter how clean your stone is, it will look worse within months if the right grout sealing process is not performed. D'Sapone® artists waterproof all the grout lines while applying Caponi® – a 2 part pigmented titanium solvent epoxy/resin. It closes all the grout pores and prevents them from allowing the passage of liquids. D'Sapone® can pigment it in over 40 colors to suit your requirement. Not only for natural stone grout, we also offer the same services for porcelain or ceramic grout sealing.
Repairing Stone and Grout Cracks Instead of Replacing:
Often natural stone tile surfaces like a granite countertop or a marble shower faces cracks and chips. If there are cracks in the tile and grout, we don’t replace the tile if there is no extra tile. We perform floor repair by repairing cracks in the tile and grout using Sentura – a two part pigmented solvent based flexible epoxy/resin designed with a 1200psi adhesion that never pops out and protects your surface for a lifetime. Our artists color match the product with the surface and deliver a natural and beautiful look to the tile and grout. We also use Sentura to seal your natural stone shower corners instead of caulking the same. Our granite, slate, marble and travertine shower restoration services are the best in the country.
Sealing Stone Tile Using a Clear Resin Sealer:
Once the surface is cleaned and repaired, D'Sapone® waterproofs the stone tile as it is porous and no matter how clean it is, natural stone will absorb moisture in wet settings. Our artists perform a patented stone sealing process with Celine – a clear topical solvent based resin, creating a hydrophobic surface while adding a slight sheen.
It is hard to find such detailed cleaning and restoration procedures offered by any other stone service providers. We proudly say we are one of the best in our league because of our patented procedures, premium quality products and experienced and trained employees. Try hiring D'Sapone® yourself to know the difference!
If you find that your natural stone flooring has deteriorated, but not sure what exactly is the damage due to or to what extent, you can send us images of your damaged natural stone flooring along with your estimate. You can ping us on Facebook or send us an email with your query and our team will get back to you.