Acrylic, silicone and all the latest caulks have been very popular in use. However, shower caulking poses significant performance issues. It turns black within 5 months in the shower area, despite the large contractors stating that it is mold and mildew resistant. So, why do most contractors keep using the caulk in showers? It is cheap and easy to work with.
The Curse of Caulking:
- In dry settings, it will dry up and crack.
- In wet settings, Caulk will peel and wear off the surface.
- It will re-emulsify, soften and wash out of the joints, when exposed to ongoing moisture.
- Caulk will lose its bond, when certain chemicals are applied.
- It will allow moisture to flow into the corners, causing mold – a fungus that thrives in damp, dark places, making your shower an easy target.
- Mold and mildew cannot be seen immediately with the naked eye and they will grow throughout the entire tile and grout within months.
- Caulk will deliver your shower an unaesthetic look.
How D'Sapone® Deals with These Issues?
D'Sapone® is one of the world’s best restoration companies. We differ from other contractors as we replace the caulk using a high quality product, instead of caulking or re-caulking.
Replacing Caulk with a Flexible Solvent Based Resin:
Caulking is a temporary band-aid solution and you will never catch us performing this act. We will eliminate caulk in all the corners and fuse Sentura – a two part pigmented flexible solvent based epoxy/resin, formulated with a 1200psi adhesion.
- It replaces the caulk while waterproofing the surface.
- It is a shower approved product that will never peel or wear off the joints.
- It prevents the corners from retaining moisture, causing mold and stains.
- We can pigmented Sentura in more than 40 colors to suit your project’s needs.
- Unlike caulk, it renders render a beautiful aspect in showers with its sleek and durable lines.
We will not just eliminate the caulk, we will offer you a complete shower restoration service if the tile and grout are looking worse with all the mold and stains. All of our quality restoration processes are listed below…
Cleaning the Entire Surface Using a Penetrating Cleaner:
No matter how damaged your shower is, we will make it look spotless with our patented tile cleaning process. Cleaning the tile and grout using regular cleaners is nothing short of a burden. We only apply Imperia – an exquisitely designed deep penetrating product, lifting stains, mold and mildew at the root without diminishing the value of the floor or walls. However, other products don’t remove the deep stains and mold and also damage the integrity of the tile.
Grout continuously absorbs moisture that gives birth to mold and mildew. Cleaning the grout can just remove the stains and mold, but it cannot prevent it from staining, which is not an issue for us. Once we replace the caulk with Sentura, we will perform grout color sealing with Caponi® – a two part pigmented titanium resin chemical resistant sealer. It penetrates into the surface while making the grout waterproof preventing the occurrence of mold and stains. We will color match the Caponi® to your surface making it look classy.
Natural stone – marble, slate or travertine, is also porous and can lose its luster, if not sealed. After we seal the grout, we will apply Celine – a clear topical solvent based resin sealer, creating a hydrophobic surface while adding a slight sheen to it. It soaks deep into the natural stone tile while closing the pores to prevent the passage of moisture or water.
Once we perform our restoration processes, you can keep the beauty and durability of your shower with less effort using Valore – an exquisite maintenance cleaner. It will sanitize your shower while adding a coating protection to it. Valore extends our restoration services up to 5 years.
Our restoration processes will offer you a healthy shower with no caulk, no mold and no stains. Fill out the form @ https://www.dsapone.com/estimate and receive a free professional caulk replacement estimate or a complete free shower restoration estimate. You can also reach us @ (770)924-4757 for enquiries.